Intensive Care Unit
Intensive Care Unit Nursing is a complex and challenging specialism to which many registered nurses (RNs) aspire. Intensive Care Unit Nurses use their advanced skills to care for patients who are critically ill and at high risk from life-threatening health problems.
We offer permanent, locum and temporary contract opportunities for Intensive Care Unit and High Dependency Unit Nurses in the UK and further afield.
At Brightstar Plus Healthcare we pride ourselves on the strong relationships we build with all our clients, which enable us to deliver what our clients require and keep the promises we make.
Our dedicated team have strong industry experience and can provide a range of individually tailored workforce solutions, from fully staffing a new service with permanent employees to providing a fully managed relief panel to cover last minute and planned absences.
Critical Care Nurse duties and responsibilities
When a patient has suffered a heart attack, stroke, shock, severe trauma, respiratory distress or other severe medical issue, it is vital that they receive immediate and intensive nursing care. Critical care nurses are adept at providing such care in settings where patients can be given complex assessments and treatment.
Critical care nurse duties and responsibilities include:
- Assessing a patient's condition and planning and imp
- Assessing a patient's condition and planning and implementing patient care plans.
- Treating wounds and providing advanced life support.
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures.
- Observing and recording patient vital signs.
- Ensuring that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly.
- Administering intravenous fluids and medications.
- Ordering diagnostic tests.
- Collaborating with other members of the critical care team.
- Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standard
supplies nursing and care homes across the UK.
We are actively recruiting both Registered General Nurses and Health Care Assistants who would like to work in a hospitals/nursing home environment.
- EXCELLENT rates of pay
- QUICK registration process
- FLEXIBLE working hours